The EU Project Division is the sector of MemEx which deals with the company’s activities at international and European level.
The team of the EU Project Division comprises personnel with different administrative/financial and technical expertise, with specific competence in the sectors of mobility engineering and urban development, public transport, logistics, environment, ICT technologies and smart systems technologies. They also possess elevated linguistic proficiency in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
MemEx has over twenty years’ experience in projects relating to numerous national and regional (e.g. Regional Operating Programmes under the ERDF) and European programmes in different areas. These include research programmes (such as FPV, VI, VII and Horizon 2020), cooperation initiatives (such as INTERREG IIIB and IVC) and initiatives dealing with energy and the environment (such as LIFE ENV and Intelligent Energy Europe).
MemEx is engaged in the consortia of the various projects, both directly as coordinator or partner, and indirectly, providing support to national and European clients in the various phases of the process, from the drafting of the proposal through to project development.
Sourcing and selection of funding opportunities appropriate to the project concept and the client characteristics.
Definition of the consortium on the basis of the project concept and the rules of the selected funding programme.
On the strength of its vast network of contacts, MemEx is in a position to involve partners operating in different capacities in most European countries (Local Authorities, Transport Companies, Universities and Research Institutes, Bodies and Associations etc.)
• Definition of the objectives and the structure of the project based on the design concept and the priorities and regulations of the reference programme.
• Assignment of responsibilities and respective budgets to the members of the international technical partnership. Drafting of the administrative and financial documentation required by the programme.
• Monitoring and participation in the phase of negotiation with the Managing Authority of the programme through to signature of the Grant Agreement.
• General technical coordination and management of the specific activities related to the various components and phases of the project.
• Monitoring of progress status and periodical evaluation of milestones and indicators.
• Development and evaluation of products and quality control.
• Drafting of deliverables and periodical and final project reports.
Transversal activities developed over the entire life cycle of the project, comprising: creation and circulation of informative material (newsletters, technical documentation, brochures etc.); technical presentation of the project at international conferences; organisation (technical-scientific and logistic) of local and international events for communication of the results; organisation of technical training courses and study visits for the specific training of technical personnel (both project partners and external bodies/companies) related to the project themes.
Preparation of the final technical and administrative-financial documentation.
Contacts with the Managing Authority and preparation of any documents requested after the end of the project (for example in the case of extraordinary audits ordered by the Managing Authority).
Post-project activities of communication and results circulation.
Maintenance of the project website for 5 years after the completion of activities.